Monday, April 9, 2012

My last supper

The last meal I ate was at Jason's Thai.  This restaurant, across the street from DU's campus features asian cuisine from China, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam.  It offers a wide range of different foods that are all fairly good.  My friend Sky Zhang and I went there today for lunch mostly because we didn't want to eat Sodexo's cafeteria food.  In addition, getting off campus for lunch with a friend allowed us time to chat about daily happenings, adventures and life in general.  It was a good break from the days activities.  Sky is from Shanghai, and thus speaks Chinese to the workers there whenever we go in for lunch.  It's amazing hearing a language that is foreign to me be spoken.  As well, he's always getting me to try new dishes.  This was extremely prevalent when he took me out to his favorite chinese restaurant.  He had me eating anything from deep fried oysters to duck skin.  When it came time to order, I chose the Thai dish, Green Curry.  It came with chicken and vegetables in the curry, along with white rice and an egg roll.  They do a great job of offering lunch specials and all of this was only $6.95.  I also love eating with chopsticks rather than a fork and knife.  And the fortune cookie is fun to eat at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment