Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Reflection


I reflect upon my writing in a warm light.  I think that as long as I am involving myself in some sort of writing, I’m challenging my abilities and improving as a writer.  To be honest, the hardest part about working on these posts is completing them by 2:00 the day before.  The pattern that I’ve gotten into with doing my homework for most classes doesn’t match up with that, and I often forget to post until the night before.  Other than that, I have begun to love blogging.  Its far different from any other types of writing I have done and it allows me to blab about things I’m interested in.  The articles we’re reading are of interest to me and when I sit down to write about them, I can go on forever.  I’m constantly surprised by the information in these articles and it even gives me things to talk about with my peers.  I’ve always been interested in current events and what problems our society is facing.  Having a place to express my concerns is necessary and blogger works perfectly for that.  Its great feeling that I don’t have to write in a formal manner and my thoughts can flow freely.  Blogging is almost like having a conversation with the world and I’m surprised how much I like it.  At the beginning of this class I remember thinking that I had lost my touch with current events.  In high school I had kept up on them for classes but since then I hadn’t had a need.  I remember setting a goal that with this class I would begin to get back into that.  Without a doubt my web habits have changed due to that.  I frequent news sites and even watch The Daily Show on comedy central to stay in tune with the things we are talking about in this class.  Even last night, watching The Colbert Report I saw Andrew Sullivan talking with Steven Colbert.  Knowing some background on him kept me interested in the show.  We’re not even halfway through the quarter yet and I already feel like I have completed my greatest goal for the class.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely agree with your thoughts on the more casual mood of blogging. I find it much easier to express my thoughts without the formality of a paper or similar platforms. Here writing flows much more easily - possibly because it comes without the pressure of a professor grading it. It feels like a much more open space.

    ReplyDelete